This is a vegetarian recipe adapted from my mother’s inventive breakfast sides. Great for breakfast or to add to any side of a dish. I love curry :), I hope you enjoy.
Curry Chickpea and Sweet Potato Recipe
Instructions to yumminess:
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 small onion
- 1-2 tbl sp olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- fresh sprigs of thyme
- First shred sweet potato on medium side of grater as shown in picture below.
- Measure 1/4 cup of water and warm in a non-stick saucepan on medium to low heat, add chickpeas to pan and cook for 10 mins, stirring in between. (if water evaporates before 10 mins, just add a little more water so chickpeas can soften)
- While chickpeas are cooking, chop onions and add to the saucepan, along with thyme.
- After 10 minutes, making sure all water has evaporated; add 1-2 tbl sp of olive oil and sweet potato. Lower the heat on stove to lowest heat temp. Mix in with chickpeas. (some of the sweet potato may stick to the bottom of the pan especially if it is not non-stick, this is perfectly fine, it won’t change the flavour of the dish)
- Add curry powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes covered on lowest stove setting, stirring at 5 minute intervals.
Thank you so much for visiting Bajan Bite! 🙂