A 20 MINUTE MEAL! This concept was introduced to me by one of my previous co-workers a little while ago, and since then I fell in love with this easy go-to meatless dish! Great for lunch or dinner, when you want something light and packed with nutrients.
Simply grab your favourite vegetables and let’s get cooking!
- A handful of broccoli
- A handful of mushrooms (about 5 or so)
- Sweet peppers – as many as you like
- Onions – as many as you like
- 1 – 2 table sp Pesto sauce
- Mozzarella/ Vegetarian Cheese – enough to cover your veggies (about 1/4 pack or less)
- 1 table sp Olive Oil
- 1 Plain / Whole Wheat wrap or wrap of your choice
- Black pepper
- Salt or garlic salt
- Other vegetable options I enjoy are zucchini, cauliflower, corn
- Optional topping: Guacamole – Recipe Here
- Pre-heat oven to 380° F.
- Use 1 tbl spoon of olive oil and heat in a saucepan. Cut up your veggies and saute in your saucepan for about 5-7 minutes on medium heat. I add a little garlic salt and black pepper to taste.
- In the meantime line your pan with foil and place the wrap flat and add the pesto sauce. Start with 1 table spoon, and use more if you wish. The whole wrap should be covered with the pesto.
- Add veggies to your wrap, leaving a little space on the edges.
- Sprinkle with cheese to cover the vegetables. Leave wrap open as pictured below.
- Put in the oven until cheese is melted.
- When the cheese has melted, I like to take the wrap out the oven and flip over half of the wrap, to cover the other side, so it looks like a half circle – this is to get outside of the wrap crispy. Put in oven until slightly brown (2 mins or so) and then take out and flip over so the other side can brown as well. And that’s it! I like to cut my wrap into 3 triangles as pictured below.
- This is great to eat on its own or with a side of a fries. Pictured I also made some guacamole to go with it, but the wrap is moist and flavourful on its own too. Enjoy 🙂