This recipe is EASY, sweet, healthy and fresh! Once you make granola at home, I guarantee you won’t go back to using the store bought one! Perfect for topping your fruit bowls, yogurt or simply if you enjoy snacking on it alone. Packed with nutrients and wholesome ingredients and flavour.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/8 cup flax seeds
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 table sp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil OR extra light olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, a silicone baking mat or foil. If you don’t have a large baking sheet, 2 medium sized sheets will also work fine.
- Mix the oats, flax seeds, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the maple syrup, almond and vanilla extracts and olive oil in a medium bow until combined. Pour liquid mix over the oats mixture. Using a spoon or spatula toss everything together and make sure the oats are completely covered.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 mins (this will depend on your oven). Every 15 minutes make sure to stir and toss up the mixture to prevent sticking and to ensure the granola bakes evenly. When the granola is finished it should be a nice brown colour like pictured – and have a nice crunch to it.
- Allow granola to completely cool and store in an air tight container. Keep at room temperature – will last up to 3-4 weeks.