Celery Juice is packed with nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamins A, C, and K. It is low in sugar and is known to have health benefits such as reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol, improving digestion and more.
During the pandemic while our country was on lockdown – I went through a period where my body was feeling very sluggish, lazy, and my head felt so heavy it felt as though it was weighing me down, so I was looking for a natural remedy to try. I was previously following a health page on Instagram called ‘Food Matters”, and a video popped up which described how celery juice was a herbal medicine when you extract the nutrients from the celery using a juicer.
At first I thought – celery juice – it must taste awful! (as I am not really a huge fan of cooking with celery) However, to my surprise the juice has a very mild flavour and is quite easy to guzzle down! So I experimented with drinking celery juice for 2 weeks daily and I have to say I was really happy with the results!
- Increased my energy levels! I noticed I felt more energized and was able to start pushing harder in my workouts again, my body felt less and less sluggish each day.
- My heavy headed feeling went away and I was feeling like me. I also suffer from headaches and migraines, and during my experience, I noticed in a reduce in those too.
- My mood improved because my body was feeling like it was perked up!
How I made my celery juice:
- You need about 10 stalks of celery (enough to make 1 1/2 – 2 cups of juice, I started off drinking 1 1/2 cups to ease my way into it, now I drink the recommended 2 cups).
- Cut off the ends and tips. I also cut the celery stalks into a few pieces as it is a fibrous vegetable (meaning it can stick in the juicer easily) so it juices easier when in smaller pieces.
- I like to chill mine in the freezer for about 30 minutes or you can add ice.
- Optional: I add 1 table spoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- That’s it!
Based on my experience I would highly recommend trying celery juice if you want to increase your energy levels and to help prevent headaches/migraines. It definitely helped my head to feel much better. Of course I would recommend you also do your own research to determine if you want to try this.