A smoothie bowl is such an easy healthy breakfast that you can make at home! The key to getting a smooth texture is a good ratio of your almond milk to frozen fruits.
My tips to perfecting your smoothie texture are:
- Pre-cut your fruits in small pieces and freeze them at least 24 hours before.
- Always place your banana in the blender first, because it is the softer fruit, it aids in blending the other fruits together.
- Adding little splashes of non-dairy milk as you blend.
My two favourite mixes are a strawberry and banana based smoothie bowl or mixed berries (blueberry, raspberry and gooseberry) and banana.
1 large frozen banana
6 frozen strawberries
1/4 – 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I like almond milk)
- Prep the toppings before starting the blending process. I like to use granola, chia seeds, flax seeds, kiwi, strawberries, banana, pineapple, blueberries, and coconut flakes. Use whichever fruits or seeds you like!
- Add your non-dairy milk to the blender like a Vitamix, starting with 1/4 cup. Add the frozen fruit starting with the banana first, followed by the strawberries. Start blending from low to high. Add more liquid in splashes as needed to blend. Blend until frosty, thick and smooth.
- Scoop your smoothie into a bowl and add the toppings on top.
- Serve right away and enjoy! 🙂