Now I love pancakes like it’s nobody’s business, and there is just something about bananas, which add a naturally rich and sweet flavour to almost every thingggg. I’ve searched high and low for a healthy version I can genuinely sit down and enjoy. I’ve even tried the whole natural “pancake” recipe with 1 banana and 2 eggs, but as bland as it sounds, is as bland as it tastes. Being from an island, that 1 banana to 2 egg recipe fails on 2 very important factors for me when it comes to my perplexed palette – texture and flavour. So I came up with my own alternative, which calls for nature’s precious spice, cinnamon. 🙂
Cinnamon Banana Pancakes
Instructions to yumminess:
Makes 4 – 5 mini pancakes (This recipe is the exact serving for 1 person)
- 1 ripe banana (The riper the banana the naturally sweeter the pancakes will be)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 2 heaped tbl spoons of oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Peel banana and completely mash in a bowl (I use a fork).
- Whisk egg in a separate bowl and then add to banana mash.
- I make my own oat flour by simply blending my regular cooking oats in my magic bullet for a few seconds, and voila! You can also use a hand held blender, or any type of blender you have on hand.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to banana and egg mixture and mix together well. Add vanilla essence.
- Warm up frying pan or skillet on medium low heat. Use cooking spray to coat the pan to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- These pancakes won’t bubble much to let you know they are ready to turn, so check them after about 2 minutes and see if they are ready to turn.
- And that’s it! I like my pancakes with maple syrup, but feel free to eat them plain, with other fruits, fruit preserves, fresh fruits, jam, whatever is your preference 🙂
Hopefully this recipe makes you as a happy as it makes me.
Thank you so much for visiting Bajan Bite! 🙂