Now I love pancakes like it’s nobody’s business, and there is just something about bananas, which add a naturally rich and sweet flavour to almost every thingggg. I’ve searched high and low for a healthy version I can genuinely sit down and enjoy. I’ve even tried the whole natural “pancake” recipe with 1 banana and 2 eggs, but as bland as it sounds, is as bland as it tastes. Being from an island, that 1 banana to 2 egg recipe fails on 2 very important factors for me when it comes to my perplexed palette – texture and flavour. So I came up with my own alternative, which calls for nature’s precious spice, cinnamon. 🙂
Cinnamon Banana Pancakes
Instructions to yumminess:
Makes 6 – 7 mini pancakes (This recipe is the exact serving for 1 person)
- 1 overly ripe banana (if your banana is practically almost brown with specks of yellow then it is perfect! The riper the banana the naturally sweeter the pancakes will be)
- 1 egg
- 2 heaped tbl spoons of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar (optional)
- Peel banana and completely mash in a bowl (I use a fork).
- Whisk egg in a separate bowl and then add to banana mash.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, cinnamon and brown sugar (optional).
- Add dry ingredients to banana and egg mixture and mix together well.
- Warm up frying pan or skillet on medium low heat. I use a little olive oil in the pan to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- These pancakes won’t bubble much to let you know they are ready to turn, so check them after about 2 minutes and see if they are ready to turn.
- And that’s it! I like my pancakes with maple syrup, but feel free to eat them plain, with other fruits, fruit preserves, fresh fruits, jam, whatever is your preference 🙂
Hopefully this recipe makes you as a happy as it makes me.
Thank you so much for visiting Bajan Bite! 🙂