I have been a huge fan of Oats/ Oatmeal/ Porridge ever since my great gran introduce it to my sister and I; when I was about 6 years old; and its been one of my go-to breakfast options ever since.
It’s quick, easy and a sweet way to start the day.
This recipe makes 1 serving.
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of milk (I use 2% or Almond milk)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 or 3/4 tsp salt (depending on your taste preference. I suggest using 1/2 tsp first and if more salt is needed add the additional 1/4 tsp. I use 3/4 tsp of salt)
- 2 -3 tbl sp brown sugar (again depending on your preference, I use 3)
- Add milk, water and oats to a small saucepan. Then add cinnamon, essence, salt and sugar, mix together and let it simmer on medium heat until oats are soft. Keep stirring until desired texture, I like mine with a good set of liquid i.e. not too thick.
- And that’s it! Easy peasy breakfast.
- Optional: I like to garnish my oatmeal with my favorite fruits such as blueberries and strawberries.
One thought on “Oatmeal Goodness”