I loveeee Chili and this is definitely my best combo thus far! Sweet Potato Fries mixed with the savory flavors of chili, and the creaminess of guacamole, just spells out F-E-E-D M-E NOW! This dish is very easy to make and was designed to be a healthier version of the regular Chili Fries by substituting english potato with sweet potato, using ground turkey instead of ground beef, and guacamole instead of cheese. I hope you enjoy 🙂
Instructions to deliciousness:
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 pound of Ground Turkey
- 1/2 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 sweet pepper
- 1 24 ounces jar of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- cilantro (as much as you like)
- 6-7 small mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- at least 3 tbl spoons of chili powder (I usually add more)
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 15.5 ounces can of black beans (or kidney beans)
- Finely chop onion, garlic, sweet pepper, cilantro, and mushrooms.
- Pour oil in pan and warm up over medium heat. Place ground turkey in large pot and cook over the medium heat until the excess fat has thoroughly cooked the meat and it begins to brown. Add in onion, garlic, sweet pepper.
- Pour in tomato sauce, 1/2 cup of water, cilantro, mushrooms, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Stir well together, cover, and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- After the spices have been simmering for 30 minutes, then add black beans and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes (add water if consistency is too thick).
Sweet Potato Fries
- 3-4 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tbl spoon of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 400
- Chop sweet potatoes and set aside in water (to prevent them from spoiling).
- Drain potatoes and place in dry bowl. Add oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Mix all ingredients well together.
- Base baking dish with 1/4 tsp of olive oil and transfer sweet potato fries. Place in oven when heated and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Take out sweet potatoes and turn them over to brown on the opposite side. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until desired golden brown color.
- 1 medium Hass Avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbl spoon chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
- Finely chop, onion, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro.
- In a bowl mash avocado, add lime juice, onion, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, pepper, salt to taste and mix ingredients together.
To plate I place the fries, then cover with chili, and then a tbl spoonful of guacamole on top. To garnish I used scallions, but you can also use cilantro depending on your preference.
Dig in and enjoy a wonderful, flavorful guilt free meal.
Thank you so much for visiting Bajan Bite! 🙂