Looking for a delicious vegetarian recipe to add to any Meatless Monday or meatless any day meal? On my new venture to discover and create as many vegetarian recipes as possible in my week days’ diet, my sister introduced me to this simple, easy and yummy side dish.
These fritters tantalize your taste buds and enrich your nutritional intake of more vegetables too. I challenge you get creative with your veggies and try this recipe!
Zucchini & Carrot Fritters Ingredients
Recipe makes about 12 fritters
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 egg, beaten (2 eggs if zucchinis are on the larger side)
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese or parmesan cheese
- 3 tbl sp whole wheat flour
- 3 tbl sp bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder or 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- few sprigs fresh dill
- Grate the zucchini and carrots and toss with 1/2 tsp salt. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out at as much water as you can from the shreds. Too much moisture will not allow for the fritters to hold their shape. (I squeezed out the water using a kitchen towel)
- Add the egg and cheese to the zucchini/carrot mixture.
- Mix the flour, bread crumbs and baking powder in a small bowl and add to the mixture.
- Add the rest of the salt, cajun seasoning, onion powder or finely chopped onion, and dill, and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Form medium-sized patties by hand and fry in oil or ghee for 10-15 minutes per side at medium-low heat, until golden brown.
- Enjoy some meatless treats!
This recipe was adapted from Ellaphant Eats.
As always, thank you for visiting Bajan Bite, I hope you enjoyed the read!
Tag us @bajanbite when you try this recipe at home to be featured on our IG page!