This Dalgona Coffee a.k.a whipped iced coffee, has been making waves all over social media for the last month! As a devote iced coffee lover, I was intrigued to see if it was worth the hype – and for me, it didn’t disappoint!
Since you have to whip the coffee until soft peaks from before mixing it with the milk, the iced coffee has a significantly silkier and creamier texture than regular iced coffee – the flavour is also richer. I vamped mine up with some nutella and oreos because…why not? I recommend trying it if you’re craving a coffee treat!
- 1 table spoon instant coffee (for a stronger coffee use 2 table spoons)
- 2 table spoons of white sugar
- 1 table spoon of hot water (if you use 2 table spoons of coffee, use 2 table spoons of hot water)
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 cup of milk
- nutella (optional)
- 2 oreo cookies (optional)
How To: Create your rich coffee treat
- Boil some water.
- Optional: remove oreo filling and crush oreos by placing in a plastic wrap or ziploc bag, use a cup to crush oreos until they are fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Optional: lace cup with nutella using a small spoon.
- Put coffee and sugar in a bowl.
- Then add hot water and whisk (this will take about 3-5 minutes) or use a handheld electrical mixer until soft peaks form as pictured below.
- Add ice cubes to your cup and then milk. Top with whipped coffee and then crushed oreos.
- Mix in whipped coffee to milk by stirring a few times and voila!